Windborne Patch Notes for 12/9
12/09/2013 by Echo
We're excited to announce several new additions in this patch. Our team is still hard at work and we appreciate all your feedback and support!
Updated crafting UI
- Fixed several crashes
- Launcher now will detect and offer to upload crash dumps
- Networking is much more stable
- Can change resolution on the fly now without restarting the game
- The game window is now resizable
- Added new Graphics Settings menu in game
- Can adjust quality, view distance, other settings in real time to see how it effects performance
- Quality settings do a lot more now, and should have a larger impact on performance
- Vsync now defaults to true. Use “-vsync false” in the launcher additional command line params to re-disable it.
- Falling off the island now respawns you at the dragonstone
- Hosts can enable/disable editing privileges for clients in the social menu
- Name of the island and host is now shown
- More information given on disconnect
- Added new chat window! Press [Enter] to chat with people on your island
- New 'Stone' set - has many good cave blocks (stone steps, etc), made of primarily granite
- Added emerald blade. Made ceramic and iron blade more individual.
- Ceramic blade is the slowest and least durable.
- Emerald blade is the quickest and lasts the longest.
- Rare items now have a blue inset instead of a purple one
- Moved grasslands lamp and desert lamp to use the fine workbench instead of the gemcrafting table
- Tuned recipes
- Renamed 'Idyllic' to 'Highborn'
- Renamed 'Sandstone' to 'Desert'
- Rearranged blocks to have common blocks be more accessible
- Alphabetized recipes within each group
- Added new roof cap blocks
- Shaper and Stove now drop item collections when gathered
- Added recipes to get fine and superb resources from lower rarity resources.
- Fine and Superb resources harder to get from shaper (but you can craft up to them now)
- You get 4 torches now for a branch and a wool
- You get 2 wood planks per branch you put into the shaper
- Added in new color blending system for all blocks
- Blocks can have textures start randomized for each face
- Blocks can have color variation even if they are not terrain blocks
- Fixed pop from grass noise
- Fixed bug with things in hand using extreme color shifts and not glowing (Glowmoss)
- Woolys should no longer face-plant
- Added valid drop indicator to UIs
- Added inventory icon to action bar
Updated crafting UI
- No more stipple